High in protein and low in carbohydrates make this chicken stroganoff dish a perfect meal for those looking to shed a few kilograms!
Chicken Stroganoff (Serves 4)
- 4 skinless chicken breasts, sliced
- Salt and pepper
- 1 onion, medium chopped
- 2 tablespoons of garlic
- 2 tablespoons of dried tarragon
- 2 1/2 cups of mushrooms
- 3/4 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 230g of fat-free sour cream
- Coat a large frying pan with cooking spray and place it over medium heat. Mix the salt and pepper into your sliced chicken breast and add it to the pan. Cook until golden on one side then turn and repeat, usually 2-3 minutes depending on the thickness of your chicken slices.
- Move the chicken slices to one side of the pan and add the onion to the other side and saute’ until soft. Add in the garlic, tarragon and mushrooms give it a stir and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add in the chicken broth and stir. Lower the heat to medium low and add in the sour cream. Mix the chicken in well with the other sauce.
- Simmer for 5 minutes, stirrinh occasionally until the sauce thickens.
- And enjoy your high protein low carbohydrate chicken stroganoff dish!
Did you like our Chicken Stroganoff recipe? Tell us more via our comment form below and don’t forget to share it!